It’s already too late. I’m curious about experimenting the latest features that released in Elasticsearch 5.x release.
Here and there I’ve started reading about the breaking changes of Elasticsearch 5.x from the start of its release.
Finally, I have planned to spend some quality time to experiment the latest & exciting features of Elasticsearch.
So, Once I have done with my experiments I’ve decided to write up few blog post from beginner to intermediate level.
Alert: Posts on topic “Elasticsearch 5.x” are coming soon!
Hereby adding a quick checklist to make elasticsearch up & running
- Install Java jdk packages
- Set JAVA_HOME environment variable
- Install elasticsearch packages
- Adjust configs general settings & logger settings
- Set heap size by setting environment variables
- Allow 9200/9300 ports to communicate (Adding those ports in inbound & outbound rules in firewall settings)
- Install elasticsearch service (provide custom user credentials if required)
- Check heap usage using service.bat (mange option)
- Install marvel/sense if needed
For more details on individual key parts, go through the posts under following tag Elasticsearch