Keep yourself updated
This is just random post to discuss about how we can keep ourselves updated.
What does it mean when we mention being updated? Is that similar to software updates in laptop or app updates in mobile devices.
Yes, exactly same.
We are receiving various updates in our devices and gadgets in daily basis to provide better solution to match the real world.
Why should you have to keep yourself updated in the world of technology?
Similarly, we have to keep our skills updated when it comes to working with technology.
For example, you are working on a particular project which uses a UI framework / programming language. You have to be aware of the next big thing happening in the particular programming language.
- What are all the latest features available in past release?
- What the new thing are there in the queue in the release cycle?
- How the world reacting to the things happening?
- What tech news/blogs talking about particular tools or technologies?
All these question are just a starter level question occurred in my mind when I started learning technology.
How can you keep yourself updated?
We can subscribe to learning websites like Pluralsight or Safari. If we feel those costly, we can just start with free channels in YouTube which provides better of what we need.
Books is the one of major resource when it comes to learning (for me). In the modern world, we started getting more information via blogs or video tutorials for learning. Few more ways to retrieve the information from internet
- Subscribe to newsletters of official documentation
- Follow social media updates of the techie people who are actually working certain technologies
- Bloggers – You can always find some bloggers who keep on writing about technologies, so become a reader of those blogs
- Micro blogging – Nowadays people started writing tech related stuffs in Twitter itself. Twitter became the micro blog for tech writers.
Why should contribute to the developer community?
The developer community is very huge. Whenever we are in the need of some information. Most of the time, we are getting the solution from the internet. The small contribution from the N number of developers builds this whole big community.
Its each and individual developers responsibility to keep this community alive and take it to next level.
How can you contribute to the developer community?
It can be anything,
- Discussing with people in various forums like Stackoverflow
- Writing a blog which will provide particular solution for problems.
- Micro-Blogging – Participating in various Twitter based developer like #CodeNewbie, #DevDiscuss
- Github – Find some interesting open source project repos and start contributing without conflicting existing rules
There is large space in comment section left to fill up by you. Make a comment about your thoughts and feedback.